Teaching is one of my deepest passions. I maintain an anti-oppressive, queer-friendly space in all courses I lead. In terms of formal education I have completed:
- Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology and World Religions from McGill University
- MFA in Creative Writing from University of British Columbia
- Master of Teaching from OISE, University of Toronto.
In terms of applied experience I have:
- Lead private creative writing classes and day-long intensives for young adults at Centauri Arts Academy for over five years.
- Worked as an online writing mentor for WiER Writers working with students across the Toronto District School Board taking the Grade 12 ‘Writer’s Craft’ course.
- Taught elementary-level students in Toronto and Santiago, Chile.
- Worked with adults and children with a variety of special needs, including those with Autism, Developmental Delay, Prader Willi Syndrome, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and complex mental health disorders.
- Worked alongside Deaf, deaf, hard of hearing and visually impaired college students, attending classes and providing them with summary and/or verbatim notes.
I love developing innovative creative writing curriculum that takes social justice approaches into account. Please contact me for access to my teaching portfolio, teaching philosophy and references.